WHAT IS ‘NPWT’ ?
NPWT means Negative Pressure Wound Theraphy. NPWT device is produced in CONFORT company with its normal and instillation types.
WHAT IS THE COMPONENTS OF ‘NPWT’ ?
The components of our NPWT device
- Vacuum device for composing and applying to the wound.
- Foam for filling the spaces of the wound.
- Film for covering and isolating the wound from outside.
- Connection Tube which connects to the vacuum device , transmits the exsudate from the wound to the canister and transmits the liquid for cleaning to the wound
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ‘NPWT’ ?
- Removing the exsudate from the wound’s surface reduces the amount of extracellular fluid accumulating in the inerstitial area.
- NPWT application reduces Hydrostatic pressure
- NPWT application makes capillary expands.
- NPWT application makes the wound clean by moving away from bacteria, toxins and exsudate./li>
- NPWT application reduces local edema.
- NPWT application reduces bacterial colonization.
- NPWT application provides granulation.
Due to the positive effects of NPWT application , the wound heals faster and effectively than without NPWT application. The pain that the patient takes during treatment is reduced as much as possible. As a result , the cost of the treatment is reduced due to the time of the treatment is decreased.
EXTRA CONTRIBUTIONS OF ‘NPWT’ WITH INSTILLATION
- In infected wounds, the period of clearance of the infection from the wound is shorter than non-installation NPWT devices.
- The healing time of the applied wound is shorter thannon-installation NPWT devices.
- The treatment duration is shorter when using installation NPWT devices than using non-installation NPWT devices